As you are no doubt aware, the server is struggling to cope with all the demand it’s getting at the moment.
The existing database stores every single chat in RAM - even chats that are long since finished. I’m not exactly sure how many are on the server right now but I’d estimate it’s about 30000. This fills up the RAM pretty quickly, and when it gets full everything grinds to a halt. It’s also been made worse by the fact that our user count has doubled in the past few weeks.
At this very moment we’re working on a new database which stores finished chats on the hard disk, freeing up RAM and making everything go faster. It’ll be able to save chats on the server forever, so we won’t have to clear the logs every couple of weeks and you won’t have to back them up. Also, group chats will be autosaved every half hour and the backlog will be cleared from the chat window, so you won’t need to move to a new room because the current one is getting too long.
A few other features are coming soon too:
- A post to Tumblr button.
- A send button so you can use the site on a DSi (or anything else without an enter button).
- The ability to highlight a person’s posts by clicking on a name in the user list.
These features are almost complete - we hope to have them built tonight, tested tomorrow and live on Thursday. Until then, please bear with us.
Thank you for using MSPARP. We love you all <3
- shinjisikaris likes this
- kloaca likes this
- vrriskaa likes this
- dirkuu reblogged this from not-quite-defunct-msparp
- dirkuu likes this
- bro-just likes this
- holdyourhorusses likes this
- spicytittytots likes this
- halstrider likes this
- anonymousaltruism likes this
- anonymousaltruism reblogged this from not-quite-defunct-msparp
- crust8cean likes this
- kiranohara likes this
- soveryvantastic likes this
- autumnwyvern reblogged this from not-quite-defunct-msparp and added:
- apologija likes this
- fantrola reblogged this from not-quite-defunct-msparp
- fantrola likes this
- mamapeta reblogged this from not-quite-defunct-msparp
- cheetato likes this
- not-quite-defunct-msparp posted this